Friday, December 26, 2008

Lewis Family Update!

So,we just wanted to let anyone know who reads this, that WE ARE EXPECTING LEWIS BABY #4 ON JUNE 23RD!! I am 15 weeks pregnant...
We actually found out in October, but wanted to wait to tell people until we knew that everything was good (since I've had miscarriages in the past...).

The plan right now is to deliver at Best Start Birth Center in Hillcrest, the only state-licensed, nationally accredited freestanding birth center in Southern California. It's a place where I can, as their slogan says, have "my birth my way..." I wanted to have Josiah at this birth center, but he turned out to be 5 weeks early, and they only deliver low-risk babies. I would have wanted to go there for Selah, but I just stayed with Grossmont because I assumed that she would most likely be early as well... Go figure, our third baby would be the only one so far to stay put as long as she was supposed to! So, we thought that it would be worth a shot to try again. The only small pause that I have about it is that at the birth center, unlike the hospital, you go home only hours after the baby is born -a nice thing for actually wanting to get some sleep without getting bugged about my blood pressure all night long, but not for being sibling free and being able to focus on the baby and getting rest... So, that being said, we will most likely be trying to get Brayden and Josiah and Selah out of the house for a couple of days after the baby is born... Any takers??? lol...

Here is the birth center's website if you want to check it out- www.beststartbirthcenter.com

I would recommend them for any mom who wants more freedom in giving birth than being strapped to a bed with monitors on and being treated more like your pregnancy is a diagnosis instead of the miracle and natural wonder that it is... And if you want a caregiver who is actually there to help you, rather than just to "catch..."

No comments: